School Meals are Value Added Meals
2018-2019 school year
CES - $2.75 full price, $.40 - reduced price.
CHS - $2.95 full price, $.40 - reduced price.
CES - $1.75 full price, $.30 reduced price.
CHS - $1.95 full price, $.30 reduced price.
Except for milk served as an item on a complete reimbursable lunch
it is considered an "Ala Cart" item and the student will be charged $.40 for the milk.
- offer a variety of healthy and nutritious foods
- offer extraordinary Nutritional Integrity - No super-sizing here!
The meals served as part of the School Lunch Program embrace
strict nutrition standards and are provided in age-appropriate
serving sizes - making schools one of the last places in the U.S.
where you can purchase a meal with the recommended serving
sizes. We are doing our part to help kids maintain a healthy weigh!
- offer low-fat and fat-free milk because children need calcium
- increase opportunity for getting your "3 A Day" of fruits and
- endeavor to include a variety of whole grains, lean meats, low fat
cheese and fresh fruits and vegetables.
- provide "hands-on" opportunity for children to make healthy
Challis Joint School District #181
Partnering with you to help your children
create healthy eating habits for life!